Who we are
The General Association of Engineers in Romania (A.G.I.R.), that has reappeared within the Romanian society in 1990, is a professional organisation, with full autonomy, non-governmental, apolitical, and with non-profit activity, constituted on a non- limited duration. The statutes establish the General Association of Engineers in Romania organisation and functioning.
The General Association of Engineers in Romania is an open organisation, with a non-limited number of members, natural and legal persons, who recognise its Statutes and wish to contribute to the achievement of its objectives.
A.G.I.R. is constituted on a non-limited period.
The General Association of Engineers in Romania is the factual continuation of the engineering organisations that have had successive names such as: the "Polytechnic Society", the "General Association of the Engineers of Romania", the "Technicians' Scientific Association", the "Engineers and Technicians' Scientific Association" and the "Engineers and Technicians' National Council".
Our objectifs are
- To anticipate and to respond effectively to the engineers necessities, offering them facilities for the view to obtain a competitive advantage
- To promote an industrial culture that valorise the existing talents
- " To encourage the vocational satisfaction of the Engineers, to recognize and to respect their contribution to the success of the institutions that their are working with• To create a basis for the continuing improvement of the engineering activities characterized by professional excellency through training, respect for the human and social values and through availability to consulting and communication
- To relief the engineering culture through research, development, design, innovation, production and trade, using the most efficiently the human and financial resources
- To contribute at the industrial culture development, relieving the efficient and innovative enterprises, that may induce an economical sustainable development and the increase of the social stability and the environment protection
- To action for practising the engineer profession respecting the specific deontological principles
AGIR's values are:
- Engineering excellency
- Ethical behaviour
- Sustainable development
- Economical development
- Unity in diversity